11/7/10

Peanut Butter cookies and Carrot Cake

Going to a barbeque for an omni girl's birthday, and decided to make some vegan treats to take, peanut butter cookies and a carrot cake with vegan buttercream frosting.

The peanut butter cookies didn't turn out so well: why oh why didn't they flatten, and why were they so crumbly?

In the end I covered them in left over cream cheese frosting from the cake, and they became delicious little decadent morsels!

The cake turned out alright though, despite the fact that I pretty much made up the measurements because the recipe was in grams, and as a result of recently renovating our kitchen (and by recently I mean a year ago, but things are still in chaos) we have lost our kitchen scales. So who knows what it will taste like, but it looks fine :)

In other news, I have decided I need to cut back on drinking, because obsessively sending drunken text messages is dangerous and unladylike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment