11/2/10

Excuse me, but your breath smells like death

The longer I am vegan the more it bothers me when people around me eat meat and dairy. In particular, the smells are very off-putting, especially when someone you want to kiss smells like dead animal or like sour cheese. I had read on various vege forums that going vegan makes you more attuned to the smells of non-vegans, and I thought it was ridiculous, but it seems to be true.

For some reason my omni boyfriend seems to find me off-putting recently too. It doesn't seem to matter how short the dress is. Maybe I smell like tofu. Or maybe it's because we have been together over a year and a half now, the longest relationship either of us has been in, and he just isn't interested anymore. Seems to have had the opposite effect on me though.

Ah well, just an excuse for another comfort food style dinner with wine. I'm making pasta with a white sauce, tomato, spinach, basil, pinenuts, and mushrooms.

2 comments:

  1. haha :) the heading of this post has drawn me :) i'm sorry about your boyfriend :( I know what you mean though, the smell of meat and dairy makes me sick... really...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah... I love him, but eww.

    ReplyDelete